Thursday, 2 October 2008
On the 11th November, a conference entitled "The Occupation in DR Congo: The new scramble for Africa" will be held in Mandela Hall, Falmer House at the University of Sussex.
The event is organised by the Hear Afrika and Suubira Uganda societies from the University of Sussex Students' Union, with the support of the International Relations and Anthropology departments.
The impressive list of confirmed speakers include:
• Hon.Tshela Compton, the DRC's ambassador to the UK
• Aldridge Harry, representing Nigel Farage MEP
• Stephen Carter, coordinator of the All Party Parliamentary Group on the Great Lakes Region of Africa
• Kofi Mawuli Klu, from the Afrika Soree-Ubuntu Democracy In Action Network
• Prof James Fairhead, of the University of Sussex's Anthropology Dept.
• Dr. Denis Tull, from Stiftung Wissenschaft und Politik (SWP),German Institute for International and Security Affairs
• Bob Labi, The Committee for a Workers' International
The event starts from 1pm, and we'll be in attendance running a stall, so come along and say Hi!